Patients and Visitors
Welcome to Los Angeles Community Hospital at Norwalk. From the friendly people in the admitting office to the dedicated members of the environmental service staff— the Los Angeles Community Hospital at Norwalk team of professionals is dedicated to providing for your health, comfort and convenience. We are very proud of the high-quality care we provide to patients and support to families. Most importantly, we are proud of our staff’s commitment to taking care of you and your loved ones.
Thank you for the privilege of caring for you.
Visiting a Patient
General visiting hours are from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. every day, with two visitors at a time per patient. The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Critical Care Unit (CCU) allows friends and families to visit for 10 minutes each hour.
Visits by family members and friends are encouraged because they are important for the recovery. Although the circumstances of each unit are special, advanced consultation with the patient’s nurse is recommended.
- Medical and Surgical Units: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Two visitors at a time are allowed.
- Intensive Care Unit: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Two visitors at bedside 10 minutes each hour are permitted. Immediate family, significant others, and specifically requested persons may visit. If sleeping, patients will not be awakened for visitors.
Guidelines for Visitors
All visitors are required to wear a visitor identification band obtained from the Security Desk located in the lobby of the main hospital entrance on Bloomfield Ave.
The following guidelines aid not only in the health and safety of patients and their families, but our employees as well:
- Children under the age of 14 years old are not permitted as visitors, except in special circumstances with the approval of the nurse in charge.
- Patients shall be limited to two visitors at one time.
- The Nurse Director/Charge Nurse may authorize special exceptions if a patient’s condition makes it necessary.
- Wash hands before and after visiting patients. Insist that healthcare providers do the same before caring for your loved one.
- For the safety of our valued patients and to prevent the spread of a contagious illness, we ask that visitors experiencing symptoms of cold, flu, or any contagious illness refrain from visiting patients.
- Keep voices down so that patients may rest.
- Visitors are not to wait in corridors. Please utilize approved waiting areas.
- Los Angeles Community Hospital at Norwalk is a tobacco-free campus. For the health of our patients, we ask visitors, physicians and employees to refrain from tobacco use while on the hospital grounds.
- Privacy is very important to all patients. Some patients are returning from surgical procedures or are very sick from their illness and need quietness and non-activity.